Thursday 19 May 2016

Hard drives and failed terabyte

Usually clear for family dinner but over the three days of council hearing I Recored 200 GB of video files.

So to get all that centralised I needed this set up.

I collected all the storage media from the house into one place

And I set to work.

A whole day went by as a 32 GB file from micro sd card took 30 minutes to move.

But had to pack up half way into the exercise as the 120GB hard drive I was putting it into was full.

The 1 TB USB 3.0 drive had stopped weeks ago with 34% still to go.

I took it back to the shop for a return.

But was sent back home to try a repair.

And hoped to save 660 GB of video data.

4K video will be limited by data.

I was wanted to go back to 720P

In fact for TV use 720P is all that is needed.

If you can not tell a story by writing with a pencil then what story do you have with a main frame computer. Answer. The same.

No comments:

Post a Comment