Thursday 16 June 2016

Agricultural field days 15-18 June 2016 mystery creek

Bumper to bumper traffic from the new expressway winding into Cambridge and fields of cars.

Jet boats up the river from Hamilton downs out the noise of the helicopters landing from over head.

On the worms in the soil know that they need to keep their heads down till the week long mid winter conglomeration of people and machines will pass.

Getting to the gate was a long walk down the hill from the upper car assembly padlocks. 

A big tractor dressed in sign writing of the police was in a convoy of vintage tractors as the tractor pulling track had been relocated to a new area.

I saw 10% of this years field days as I researched sheep milking and making feta cheese.

90% went unvisited. It told me that it had grown. Area wise and car park wise.

The first year an electric motor bike was on display. Next year it will be registered for the road. 40-80km range on a six hour lithium ion battery charge. The inventor and seller was saying it was so quicket and fast that his regularly comes accross dear on the trails and tracks as he comes around the corners. It is a stealth fighter that has the element of surprise. I tried it on the Eco setting used for the last ten km from home. But flick the switch to non-Eco and you have to button off when doing a 180 degree turn at the top of the hill.

Thursday was the best day of four days to attend. I joked with the husband and wife bull raises that had the car park next to the and 10 minute walk together that 50% of the free give away are given on Thursday and the other 50% is handed out over the other three days (including Friday and Saturday to come). I said to the couple I was supprised they did not tow a trailer behind their car I light of this common knowledge. They laughed. Then in a dead pan voice and facial expression I asked if they were going to buy a trailer today at the field days. Again they laughter with me together and we were all disarmed as we joined the lines for tickets then toilets.

So much to tell you of my day but better here some comments from you back at aardvark.co.nz under the forum page and the thread "kick me kick me"


No comments:

Post a Comment